Sunday, March 18, 2012

Always Grateful...




"Recognize the blessings that are raining down on you
and enjoy them with thanks. (See D&C 105:12)"
     First of all, that video reminded me of this post...

     Okay. In my opinion, people should every night ask themselves if they saw God's hand in their life that day. I think that everyone, every day, could answer yes to that question.
     Here were my two favorite quotes from this video...
"The more often we see the things around us, even the beautiful and wonderful things, the more they become invisible to us." 


"Because we see things so often, we see them less and less."

     It's so true. Noticing and being grateful for the little things in your life is so important, because that way you will never forget about all of the beautiful things that God has created.
     To so many people, what stands out are the bad things. Well... there are a lot of bad things going on in the world, but there are also so many good things. Ultimately, people are good. They were made to be that way.

"Our society is afflicted by a spirit of thoughtless arrogance unbecoming those who have been so magnificently blessed. How grateful we should be for the bounties we enjoy. Absence of gratitude is the mark of the narrow, uneducated mind. It bespeaks a lack of knowledge and the ignorance of self-sufficiency. It expresses itself in ugly egotism and frequently in wanton mischief. We have seen our beaches, our parks, our forests littered with ugly refuse by those who evidently have no appreciation for their beauty.”

- Gordon B. Hinckley 



FYI:
egotism: self-centeredness
wanton: deliberate 

     So... I offer you a challenge (It's an easy one). For the next couple of weeks, try to spend just five minutes each night thinking about the things that you have been blessed with that day. Like I said earlier, think "How has God touched my life today?" Doing this will help you to be more aware and to notice the good things around you. 
----------
Now... I need you to help me out. This wasn't a super long post, which might be a good thing... because some of my posts get pretty long. I don't suppose that you guys enjoy reading those long posts very much... because they are pretty wordy sometimes. 
     So... do you think that I should start doing shorter posts? If I did, I would probably post more often, as they are easier to write. I don't mean like, way short, maybe about the length of this one that you just read... give or take.

What do you think? Comment below!










Did one of my posts leave a lasting impression on you? I'd love to hear about it! Comment below! 
 Want to read about the layout of my blog? Click here.







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...