Saturday, March 10, 2012

Scripture Marking Saturday... Sorta.

     My last post says that it was published on Saturday, which is true, but it was like 12:30 am when I posted it, so in my head, that was yesterday.

     Okay. Normally on Saturdays I would just share a scripture and thought or whatever, but I decided to share a scripture and video, because they are both brilliant reminders for just about anyone...

     I think that procrastination is a problem for most people... There are always some things that it is easier to put off, so that is what we do. I definitely don't blame you, as there are always times when we don't use our time wisely...

     I wouldn't normally share a Scripture Mastery scripture on Saturdays, because my goal is to introduce you to really good scriptures that aren't as well-known... but I guess this week is the exception. :)




Joshua 24:15 - And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

(This doesn't seem like an anti-procastination scripture, but watch the following video... it will make more sense after.)



    So, I suppose the above scripture isn't one that you would read and afterward think, "Okay. I will not procrastinate now."
     Like I said, that isn't the first connection that you would make in your head, but I think that this scripture gives counsel on many subjects... You just have to read it enough that those counsels will stand out to you.

     I'm sure that when I first read that scripture, I thought about how I would serve the Lord. After watching this video, the words this day also stand out to me. There are certain decisions that you need to make now, and one of them is that you will choose to serve the Lord.
     The now part is important, because you may come to a point in your life where you will be tested on this, and if you make a decision now to keep the commandments, you will not even have to hesitate when making the right choice, because your whole life, you have known exactly where you stand on that.


And like he said in the video, we do not know how many days we will have. Choose to do service this day, because you may not have a chance tomorrow.

     Hopefully after reading this, you will not only take the lessons that this scripture teaches to heart, but you will also hopefully learn that the scriptures can teach us many different things.
     That is why scripture study should be done when you have time to focus and learn from what you are reading. Study every verse thoroughly, and you will get more out of it.






Did one of my posts leave a lasting impression on you? I'd love to hear about it! Comment below! 
 Want to read about the layout of my blog? Click here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...