Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Between YOU and your GOD...


    So I counted just now... and I have 78 posters/pictures on my wall... I honestly can't cram anything else onto my wall. :) (At least it hides the paint color... I've been wanting to repaint my room for a while now... :))
     Anyways... if you care to play I-Spy, you can find the following poem hanging in my room amidst all of the other stuff. It is perhaps one of the first things that I hung up because it is one of my very favorites:

----------

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centered;
Forgive them anyway. 

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway. 

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway. 

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway. 

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway. 

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway. 

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway. 

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway. 

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God;
It was never between you and them anyway.


[Credited to Mother Teresa, although nobody is positive... there are many speculations as to who first came up with it.]  
---------- 

I think that the following quote kinda goes along those same lines:

"My young friends, be strong. You know what is right, and what is wrong, and no disguise - however appealing - can change that truth. If your so called friends urge you to do anything you know to be wrong, you be the one to make a stand for right, even if you stand alone."
- President Thomas S. Monson

I love the last two lines of that poem... because in the end, it really will be between you and God. Nobody else. And 'final analysis' will come sooner than you might think.

     Imagine a never-ending strand of little tiny seed beads. Our earth life is one of those tiny beads. Do not throw away the rest of the beads - the rest of time itself - because you decided to give in and take foolish advice from people. If you had a wider window - a greater perspective - you would always try to make the best choices you could, because you would better know what you would be sacrificing otherwise.

     The thing is... we do know. It's just tricky to visualize sometimes. BUT... I know that if we try to live life the best we can... and make the choices that would please our Heavenly Father... we will find peace and happiness during and after this life.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...