Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Complaining, and a Poem


I am getting bored with the blog.
Mostly because you guys are probably getting bored with it.
I'm not planning on stopping.
I'm just not sure what to do with this blog right now, because it's hard to be spending so much time writing posts all of the time when I'm not sure if people really read them.
I mean, I have page views... just no feedback, and I'm kinda bugged that clicking on the page dictates a "page view," but people could click off two seconds later and I'd never know.

Haha - was that enough complaining? Because I know that there are some of you who really do read, and I am very grateful for you people.

*sigh* I'm not really sure what to do with the running-out-of-ideas thing. I just don't know what to blog about anymore.
Should I broaden the things I post about?
Maybe a change like that would give me more things to blog about...
But... I don't want to lose what this blog was originally created for... and how do I find a balance?

Hmmm... feedback would be immensely appreciated.
I'll probably end up stewing over this for 24 straight hours and then not change anything, because I don't even know where to start.

Thank you for listening to (reading) my complaints. I'm going to go eat some double-stuf oreos and decide what to do with this blog...

(It will still exist... I'm not done blogging!)

----------

     Now... I don't feel like creating a post... Haha. 

     I know. I will share a poem (sorta. it really isn't a poem...) that I have been dying to share, but haven't found a post where it fits in yet. I suppose it can have its own post. 

You cannot stay on the summit forever; 
you have to come down again.
So why bother in the first place? 
Just this: 
What is above knows what is below, 
but what is below does not know what is above. 
One climbs, one sees. 
One descends, one sees no longer, 
but one has seen. 
There is an art of conducting oneself in the lower regions
by the memory of what one saw higher up. 
When one can no longer see, 
one can at least still know.
(Rene Daumal)

     I love that quote. I suppose it actually could've gone with the last post I did. (here)
It's all about perspective. Like I mentioned in the last post, there will be times in your life when you will have amazing spiritual experiences. Never forget those experiences that you have, and let them change your perspective. 
     There have been times when I've felt the Holy Ghost really strong, and at those times, I wanted to do nothing other than read my scriptures and listen to hymns... haha. I know, because I've felt the Spirit, that the gospel is and should always be most important in my life. At any time in my life, I can think about those truths and remember how happy the Spirit makes me, and made me at that time. I am blessed with a renewed motivation to live the gospel fully.

     Does that make sense? 

     Dang. That totally would've gone with that last post.   :)

The end. Have a lovely Wednesday evening. I'll be staying up late and sleeping in even later. I love spring break.   :)

Now. Comments? Please? About the above complaining part?

You guys rock.







Did one of my posts leave a lasting impression on you? I'd love to hear about it! Comment below! 
 Want to read about the layout of my blog? Click here.

5 comments:

Corie said...

Haley!!! I am one of those annoying people who reads your beautiful blog but never comments. :) Keep writing! You have amazing perspectives and thoughts to share. I always feel a bit better after reading one of your posts, including this one. I LOVE that poem! And, wouldn't you know it, it was exactly what I needed to hear at almost 10:00 on this Wednesday night. Exactly. So thank you for that! You are pretty awesome, Haley, and a great example to me. Thanks for taking the time to write this blog. Someday you will look back and read it, and you will be glad you did. Even if no one comments. :) You will love looking back and reading your thoughts and your perspectives and see where life has taken you. Where God has taken you. You are destined for amazing things, I just know it! Love ya! :)

Haley Barton said...

Thank you Corie! I suppose that I would also fall into the category of read-but-never-comment 96% of the time... I didn't really have room to be complaining... (: Maybe I will just change the layout of my blog... that would be a pretty harmless change. Thank you for reading and commenting! You're awesome!

Marci said...

Haley, I noticed your blog for the first time tonight. I truly hope my daughters turn out a lot like you! You inspire me and I hope somehow I can raise my girls to have as much faith as you. You are going to do amazing things and you are a very special daughter of your Heavenly Father.

Marci said...

Haley, I noticed your blog for the first time tonight. I truly hope my daughters turn out a lot like you! You inspire me and I hope somehow I can raise my girls to have as much faith as you. You are going to do amazing things and you are a very special daughter of your Heavenly Father.

Haley Barton said...

Marci - I don't think you will have any problems with your girls... they are awesome kids. :) And thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...