Sunday, January 27, 2013

you've just been pep talked! (and pass on the joy!)




This little video makes me so happy. And it makes me laugh. Hard.

This is life! You've got air coming through your nose! You've got a heart beating!
And you were made to be awesome.

You are so blessed. So blessed.


“Have you had a kindness shown? Pass it on; 'Twas not given for thee alone, Pass it on; Let it travel down the years, Let it wipe another's tears, 'Til in Heaven the deed appears - Pass it on. ” 
- Henry Burton

I feel like - being so blessed with a happy life - I have the responsibility to make others feel that same happiness. I want others to come closer to God and I want to teach them to choose to be happy. 

My blessings are not for me alone. They are for others too. 
I've started trying to be more and more aware of others - maybe trying to spot out their needs. 

- Like paying for the person behind you in the drive-thru at Wendy's. It's usually only a few dollars and maybe that person was having a crappy day.
- Sending a text to someone you don't talk to a lot... maybe they are really needing a pick-me-up. 
-Send a thank you card to someone for something little. 
- Just be more patient with people... on the road, at the cash register... you really have no idea what is going on and getting impatient with people doesn't get you anywhere. Instead, try just smiling at them when they look to you apologetically... like it's no big deal. (Because it isn't.)

You can really brighten someone's day by doing really tiny things. You can be the one to give them more faith in the world. The angels in heaven are watching, and I'll bet they will commend you one day. 
"Remember that day you said [insert here] to Billy? Well, he's my son. I know it seemed like no big deal to you, but those words really helped him get through his trials. They helped remind him that there is still good in the world even though he was devastated by my death... I was looking down, so grateful to you."

Hehe. I am kinda chuckling at myself right now. That's a weird example, but do you get what I mean? 

Okay, I was trying to embed one more video to finish, but I can't seem to get it to work. Click here to watch. It's really short. 

And if you liked it, try this one, this one, this one, this one, this one... I'm sure there are more. But I'd better get to bed. :)


Just remember - they may never meet you again, but you can make the world a better place just by helping out, making days brighter, and consequently changing people's attitudes. 

And one thing's almost certain. They'll pass it on. 


1 comment:

Mom Karen said...

I saw the Kid President on the Today Show this week. This video started out as a Pep Talk to members of his family. It was filmed last July and only recently went viral. He, of course, had an adult help him. I'm unclear as to who the adult was...but they used the "kid's" actual comments...like "I'm my own team", "I have air coming through my nose". It's a great reminder to live joyfully and to pay it forward. Hey...you changed your blog heading!! Love you...have a great week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...