Sunday, July 1, 2012

i could never find the words...


Last Wednesday marked the anniversary of the martyrdom of our own beloved prophet Joseph Smith.




Elder Holland (as always) gave an incredibly powerful talk. To read the whole thing, click here.

"They were willing to die rather than deny the divine origin and the eternal truthfulness of the Book of Mormon."


Something has to be really really important to someone if they are willing to die for it.

I know that if a man were ever to wrongly claim that they had received divine witness of the truthfulness of a book that they had written themselves... Well... I'm pretty sure that power would be the motive behind such a lie.
And what power would they have after they were dead?

No, if a man is willing to die rather than deny the truthfulness of that book... then that book is true.

[did all that make sense?]


The 135th Section of the Doctrine and Covenants is my very favorite.

"the Book of Mormon, and this book of Doctrine and Covenants of the church, cost the best blood of the nineteenth century to bring them forth for the salvation of a ruined world;"
[taken from verse 6]

I could never find the words to express my infinite gratitude and respect towards my prophet Joseph Smith.

I could never say thank you enough.





P.S. Please find the time to watch the video embedded in this post. It can strengthen your testimony so much... Aaah. I just don't have words. Please watch it. You will be so glad you did.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...