Sunday, July 15, 2012

who can glory too much?

The following post was inspired by a number of EFY lessons... :)




Christ is my master.

In saying that... I'm not saying that He would ever make me a slave.

It is my honor and my greatest privilege to be His servant.


The following video makes me a little queasy at parts... but it is a really good reminder not to take the Atonement for granted...




Did you know that the word Atonement is actually an English word that was originally invented by William Tyndale when he was translating the Bible into English?

Atonement, or At-one-ment, means to be at one. 

At one with Christ.


I wonder if many people recognize the significance of the Atonement.

When we were all in the pre-existence and chose Heavenly Father's plan to come down to earth and get a body... we bet everything on our Savior, Jesus Christ.


If He hadn't followed through on the Atonement... we would all be lost.

There would be no Plan of Salvation.


We truly bet everything... and He followed through.

We put our faith in the right person.

He suffered for our sins, but also for all of our emotional and physical pains.

He - in some miraculous and inexplainable way - lived your whole life. He lived everyone's lives.


He knows what cancer feels like.
He knows how it feels to lose a loved one.
He knows how it feels to raise wayward children.
He knows how the consequences feel when you have sinned.

But not just that...

He knows incredible joy.
He knows how it feels to ace a hard test.
He knows the joy that comes from your children.


He lived it all.


One thing that was brought up at EFY - that humbled me a lot - was the fact that a human could not endure all that.

No, it was only because Christ was part god that He could endure such pain.

Anyone else would have died.

A human cannot sweat blood and live.


I don't know about you, but that certainly put things in a different perspective for me.


Redeemer by Paul Cardall
Redeemer by Paul Cardall on Grooveshark




Be grateful, my friends.






For who can glory too much in the Lord?





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...