Thursday, March 1, 2012

Your Divine Purpose

Wow... one of the best MormonMessages I've ever watched...



     If you follow mormon.org on Facebook, then you will know that they asked their followers the other day to share their answers to the following question...


"I am on this earth to..."

They got 645 comments back from people who answered the following:


     Hmmm... I didn't comment, but what would I have said?

I am on this earth... 
To share my talents... to love... to learn and gain experience... to learn to have perfect trust in God... to help others... to make friends... to experience life's little pleasures - like Oreos... to learn to choose the right, so that I can have eternal life... to get married... to be a good example...


     No matter what you feel that your purpose on this earth is... never doubt that you have one.

"My dear friends, you are a royal generation. You were preserved to come to the earth in this time for a special purpose. Not just a few of you, but all of you. There are things for each of you to do that no one else can do as well as you...If you will let Him, I testify that our Father in Heaven will walk with you through the journey of life and inspire you to know you special purpose here."
- H. Burke Peterson


     I hear people say all the time that they have no special talents... they can't play the piano, they can't play a sport really well, they aren't academically brilliant, they aren't excellent bakers... they think of themselves as just... some plain old person... This is not true. FOR ANYONE. 


YOU have a divine purpose on this earth. And YOU have talents.
Maybe you are a good friend... good at making others feel better... a good mom... an example to others... 
Maybe you like complimenting people... maybe you are a good helper... maybe you never doubt the gospel...
Maybe you go to church every week, maybe you don't ever miss a month of paying tithing... maybe you love your family so much... maybe you don't get mad easily... maybe you never swear...


Aren't all of these talents?

I think this video does a brilliant job of reminding people that they have something good to offer the world...
Your job is to figure out what that is for you... and then act. You have incredible potential.
Spend your life doing good... trying to build up those around you, and you can create a legacy... you will leave this world and the people who live in it better than you found it.

And isn't that something that all of us want?

Leave a comment! I want you to answer the question now...

"I am on this earth to __________"

When you're done with that... watch the above video again... I just love it! :)









PS: I learned something new today! If you look to the very right of my site, you will see a vertical, thin black strip. Hover over it and you can view my profile, my labels, my followers... and more!
(I know what you're probably thinking... "I realized that forever ago!"... well I just realized it... so I thought I'd share... Haha!)


Did one of my posts leave a lasting impression on you? I'd love to hear about it! Comment below! 
 Want to read about the layout of my blog? Click here.




2 comments:

Abby said...

my favorite mormon message, i love that one and this post- great job!

Haley Barton said...

Wow Abigail... thanks for stopping by!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...