Saturday, March 10, 2012

O Remember, Remember


     Sorry that I have been kinda AWOL this week...
     The end of the term means a lot of studying and homework... so I've been pretty busy.

Now.
I think that "O Remember, Remember" is one of my favorite phrases from the scriptures. I discovered this video tonight... (amazing how I keep finding new ones)... and really liked it...

Without further adieu...



I can never decide which scriptures I want to share... so here are a couple... :)

Deuteronomy 32:7 - Remember the days of old, consider the years of many generations: ask thy father, and he will shew thee; thy elders, and they will tell thee.


D&C 46: 10 - And again, verily I say unto you, I would that ye should always remember, and always retain in your minds what those gifts are, that are given unto the church.


----------


     I have heard it said that REMEMBER is the most important word in the dictionary. I would agree with that statement.

     This will most likely be a pretty short post, because I am tired, but here's something to think about...

     If you take the sacrament at church every Sunday, you are making a promise to always remember the Lord.

3 Nephi 18:7 - And this shall ye do in remembrance of my body, which I have shown unto you. And it shall be a testimony unto the Father that ye do always remember me. And if ye do always remember me ye shall have my Spirit to be with you.


     The Lord has done SO MANY amazing things for us... and He continues to bless us every day. Make sure that you are always recognizing these things, and that you never forget about them. 
     
(Remember this article? yeah. Read it again.)


Never forget that God loves and blesses you.
Never forget that Jesus Christ died for you.
Never forget what Joseph Smith went through to bring us the restored gospel.
Never forget what your ancestors, the pioneers, went through. 
Never forget that your parents care about you.
Never forget that other people do too, like your friends and leaders...
Never forget that life can be enjoyed.
Never forget that you were made to do good.
Never forget that it is never too late to repent.


----------



If we do not remember the past, our mistakes will be repeated... 
You need to let your mistakes teach you lessons, and then you need to always remember those lessons.

“Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it”

- George Santayana

And lastly...

Helaman 5:12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.



Just never forget to serve your Lord... the one who knows you best, and loves you endlessly.






P.S. I suppose that post wasn't as short as I imagined it would be. Now I really am tired. Goodnight.



Did one of my posts leave a lasting impression on you? I'd love to hear about it! Comment below! 
 Want to read about the layout of my blog? Click here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...