Saturday, November 26, 2011

Scripture Marking Saturday

   Okay... so I've decided to have a once-a-week post just sharing one of my favorite scriptures and some thoughts on it.
     If It's a scripture that catches your eye or means something to you, mark it! Remember it! I also invite you to share some of your favorite scriptures in the comment box... the more the merrier!

Here's today's scripture... it is one of my all-time-favorites...

D&C 25:10- And verily I say unto thee that thou shalt lay aside the things of this world, and seek for the things of a better.

I think that this scripture has a lot to do with eternal perspective, like I was talking about in this post... I was actually going to use it then, but I forgot... (oops!)
There is a much better world out there. It is the place where God lives, and it is more amazing than you could ever imagine. It is a place that you want to seek for, and you need to seek for.

"Since 'God is love' (1 John 4:8), the closer we approach Him, the more profoundly we experience love. But because a veil separates this mortality from our heavenly home, we must seek in the Spirit that which is imperceptible to mortal eyes."Heaven may seem distant at times, but the scriptures offer hope: 'Ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart' (Jeremiah 29:13)."


This scripture reminds me to seek Him and to seek after the blessings of the Celestial Kingdom.

Okay, your turn now. Leave comments! Share your favorite scripture!
I'm also asking for your vote. Which topic do you want me to write about next?
- Obedience
       or
- Individual Worth?

Here's some incentive for you: if nobody votes, I will be writing a long, boring post on the law of chastity! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...