Monday, October 29, 2012

love others.

Have you seen this commercial? This is perhaps one of the most beautiful videos I have ever seen. Enjoy. And then share. :)



There are so many things I take for granted.

I feel so selfish sometimes. 

I am so lucky to be living where I am living.

I am so lucky to have the family I have, and the gospel in my life.

I am so lucky to have the freedoms I have.

The past while I have been been really sad about the condition of our country. 

I fear for it.

But you know what? It is still great. It is still good.

I am probably living in better conditions than 99% of the world.

And I'm grateful for Sundays.

I'm grateful for my ward family.

I am grateful for my friends. 


I am grateful for my sight.


When I take a little step back, I can see the world from a different perspective. We are all just plugging along, trying to do what we think is best.

And life is hard. Not just for me or you, but for everyone. 

We weren't meant to be self-sufficient. We need God in our lives.


And I want to help people.

I want to make them grateful for me. 

I want to change someone. 

Maybe even change a few someones. 


Little teeny tiny actions on our part really can have a profound effect on someone's life.

Or someone's eternity.


What better way to show gratitude to your Savior than to love and serve your fellow men?

Matthew 25
34 - Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 - For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 - Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 - Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? Or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 - When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 - Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 - And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.



How amazing, right?


The scriptures say that in the last days, love of many shall wax cold.

We see this everywhere... divorce, violence, nasty words...

One place I always notice it is on the internet. I will click on the article of a tragic death, and all I read is, "how could you be so foolish" or "you shouldn't have left your child alone..."

I read nasty words everywhere on the internet. 

I just think, "Would you say these things to someone's face?"
"Do you think that because you can anonymously write unkind words that they will be forgotten or dismissed?"

"Do you think this isn't bullying??"

I mean sheesh, hasn't anyone ever heard of netiquette?


The internet isn't the only evidence of love waxing cold... just the one that came to mind at the moment. 



Keep in mind that no one - not even the angels in heaven - not even the prophet - knows when Christ will come again.

People have been making predictions for thousands of years. Click here to see a list. It's actually very interesting.

But no one knows. 

We have knowledge of signs that will proceed the coming of Christ, but I think people sometimes suppose that it will take a long while for them to be fulfilled. 

I wonder if some people think, "when we have missions in China, then it will be time."

Well the gospel is already being preached to every nation, kindred, tongue, and people. I'm pretty sure we don't have to have a China mission for that to be fulfilled.

And don't forget Hong Kong.



Don't take this as doctrine, but I wouldn't be surprised if Christ came tomorrow and the signs were just fulfilled in different ways than I had supposed. 

I mean I'm pretty sure that there are still signs that have to be fulfilled... but I don't know... just a thought.

What if when the Savior comes and despite what's going on around you, you are still loving and serving your fellow men?


I don't think those people - people who really, truly love others... even those they don't know - have anything to fear. 



So what is your take on this? What lesson is to be learned?



4 comments:

Brynley said...

Haley you are AMAZING!!!! And I am grateful that I can see, because I have seen you in the up's and down's of your life and it has made me a stronger person! You are an example to all who see you Haley!!!!

Haley Barton said...

Wow Bryn thanks! And just so you know, you've got that good-example thing down pat! It makes my day when I read comments! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

you are amazing! Thank you!!

Haley Barton said...

Thank you for your comment! It gives me motivation to keep writing posts!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...