Monday, August 13, 2012

California 2012

Long time, no see??

It sure feels like it.

Anyways. I have a good excuse. My family and I have been in California the last two weeks... it's something that we do every year. Both of my parents grew up in California, so we go stay with my aunts and grandparents in Los Banos every year so that they can get an adequate dose of nostalgia... :)

Prepare yourself for lots (and lots) of pictures...




Our trip started out celebrating a birthday. Isaac is 2 years old!!


San Francisco skyline

We have our traditions... actually for years we pretty much did the same activities every year we went out there... we go to Monterey, Carmel, Santa Cruz, The Island waterpark... but we have started branching out more. I've been to CA many, many times... but had never been to San Francisco... so it was really fun to go see it this year. 




I looooove the architecture and the uniqueness of all the buildings... soooo cool.



Golden Gate Park



This really cool looking flower observatory place... just so happens they are closed Mondays... and of course, we were there on a Monday.


Probably the first ever carousel ride for this little kid...




 I think the sign said that this was the location of the first children's playground in America... hmmm...



My dad claims that everyone who comes to San Francisco must get a picture of the above houses with the skyline behind it... (what I wouldn't give to live in one of those... I like the yellow one in the middle...)


The most we could ever see of the bridge. Lame, right? It wasn't even foggy anywhere else. Just there. 
Next year, I guess!


We are easily entertained.



Lombard Street... "The Crookedest Street in the World" apparently... Those poor people in the above picture rode down it on Segways... 


Ghirardelli Square...



Hard to tell in the picture... but Biggest. Ice. Cream. Ever.



We devoured it in probably 2 minutes...





China Town was probably my favorite. It was cool to see everything written in Chinese... (plus everything is really cheap in their souvenir shops... yay!)


We picked up dresses and slippers for both of the girls for like... $18 total. Sweet.





SF Giants game... they barely lost in the 10th inning. Bummer.


To say that Isaac had fun would be a huge understatement.



Zach got pooped on by a seagull. lol.

Notice the rag on Zach's head... I think he got a little paranoid after that...


My dad and I toured Stanford University... (haha. someday maybe...)

the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk...


We've been on this ride over and over again... and this is what our faces look like Every. Year.






I didn't go on this ride. I would've puked.


We always go get Marianne's ice cream after...


Monterey. If I become a multi-millionaire someday... I'm moving here. It has been my favorite vacation spot since I was five.



Our favorite lunch spot... every year we ask for a window seat...


I love shopping. So naturally, I love Cannery Row.
Souvenir shops galore.






Carmel Beach. Did you know that Doris Day lives in Carmel? I wanna go see her house really really bad. But I don't know if anyone really knows exactly where she lives...



We went to the Oakland Temple on my parent's anniversary. 
The temple they were married in... on the day they were married.
Cool, right?
(I had never been there before...)



We went to Fenton's after the temple... more huge ice cream.


All of the above pictures were from the first week... my dad only stayed out for a week and then flew back home so that he could work. The second week we went to another beach, but since my dad's phone was our main camera... we didn't get any pictures. (I found FIVE whole, perfect sand dollars!!)

Anyways. The second week we mostly hung out at my grandma's house and visited with our aunts, uncles, and cousins.


Give him the iPad and he will be content for hours...


"I do not like the cone of shame."
(name that movie)


The awful, long drive home... (blech. 14 hours.)


Anyways... we had lots of fun but I am really happy to be home. Where has you and your family gone over the summer?

Oh... and back to my regular blogging schedule now! No more two week breaks! 

haha. yeah.

Until next time...


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

We went to the same sunny beach yesterday but we had no sunshine but we found a bucket worth of sand dollars most of them perfect ones. Grady found two has small as your thumb nail. Next summer we will all have to go together. Jenny

Haley Barton said...

Wow! That sounds awesome! Amanda found a really little sand dollar and wanted to find another so that she could make them into earrings... haha... but she didn't find another tiny one...
And I can't wait! Blasted jury duty!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...