Sunday, August 19, 2012

sunday tidbits

Things that I liked that I heard/read today...


a great song...

So this song is called I Just Knew by Cherie Call... I kinda just wanted to embed the song by itself and then post the lyrics... but the following video is seriously the only place I could find the whole song to embed for you guys... So you know... it works I guess... :)



He’s the son of a king, but He came to us with nothing
No purple robe, no crust of bread
With His soft tiny hands, He reached out for me to hold Him
There was no crown upon his head
So I guess that I should not have been surprised
When I saw the human tears in His holy infant eyes

And no one ever taught me how to sing
A lullaby for the son of a mighty king
But when I held Him in my arms
And I rocked Him just the way that mothers do, I just knew

Just as we knew he would be, He lived so selflessly
He was a legend in the land
People came from far and wide, they looked at Him with pleading eyes
Longing for the healing in His hands
And in those endless busy days
He still had time for me, He always found a way

And no one ever told me how to love
A healer and a teacher sent from up above
But when He cared for me and helped me
In the tender way that only He could do, I just knew

In sunlit moments I could see me in the traces of His smile
I know He came from me
But He was better than this world would allow
I could not save Him when He died
Now it seems that He’s the one who holds me when I cry

And everybody asks me how I’m sure
That the little boy I raised is our Redeemer
I could list the dreams and prophecies
And miracles that prove His mission true
But in all honesty
Every moment I was with him, I just knew



Great, right? It's on her album Gifts and is available on iTunes!!


Okay next... a great quote...

The miracle of the Atonement is not just that we can live after we die but that we can live more abundantly (see John 10:10). The miracle of the Atonement is not just that we can be cleansed and consoled but that we can be transformed (see Romans 8). Scriptures make it clear that no unclean thing can dwell with God (see Alma 40:26), but, brothers and sisters, no unchanged thing will even want to.
~ Brad Wilcox

Click here to read his whole address... it is fabulous...

And click here to read some of my thoughts about true conversion...


and last... an awesome story...

I read the following story in the New Era today...  (Pretend that it is you who are being addressed...)

----------

Thank You For Your Example... by Angela Farmer

Several years ago, a young man named James traveled internationally with a group of athletes. He was listening to a conversation that another athlete, Tom, was having about a beautiful young woman whom he was interested in—you. Most people considered Tom to be a very good-looking and well-accomplished athlete.
Tom admitted his disappointment that you had such high standards. In order for him to date you, you asked that Tom seriously consider the teachings of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Tom said the standards of sexual purity were more than he had expected. James was deeply impressed that there was a Church with young people who were so serious about their religion and standards, and he asked for the name of the Church.

On returning to the United States, James decided to go to a Church meeting and see what inspired such dedication. He surprised the missionaries by showing up at church one Sunday. Soon afterward, after receiving the missionary lessons, James was baptized. Years later, I met James at a single-adult activity, and we were eventually married for time and all eternity in the temple.
I often think of you. It may have been uncomfortable for you to hold up high standards to a good-looking athlete, but I’m grateful you did. There is no way you could know how your dedication to high moral standards changed our lives. We just celebrated our 16th anniversary. I wish I could meet you. I would like to show you our lovely children and our happy home.
I hope you understand that even when you simply live your standards, you can have a profound effect on the lives of others. Being morally clean is a path to more than just personal happiness.

----------

Cool, right? She converted a young man and eventually... a family... without even knowing she had shared the Gospel...

Read here and here about missionary work... or just click on the Missionary Work label in the sidebar... there are a few more... :)



So there you have it! Happy Sunday!







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...