Sunday, January 1, 2012

Look Not Behind Thee

Be prepared for a post with lots of media...




   
     To be honest, I used to think that New Year's was the most pointless holiday ever. "Wow... the date on the calendar changes... That happens every day. What's the big deal?"
   
     I think that I now know why so many people like celebrating the new year.

     Everyone has things that they wish they were doing better on. Everyone probably has things that they are guilty or ashamed about in their past.

Many people let the new year motivate them to do better on whatever they are struggling with.
For many people, a new year means a new beginning. 

     I love the above video. It talks about how important it is to look to the future. Don't dwell on things of the past, because frankly, they don't matter anymore.

     My favorite Disney movie is Meet the Robinsons. While writing this post, I realized that this movie is the perfect example of looking to the future.

Watch this clip from the movie...




There may be things in your past that you are not proud of. That's okay. 
   As Billie Robinson so perfectly put it, "From failing, we learn."


    Please listen to the song that I've posted below, and focus on the words. I cried the first time I listened to it.... It is now one of my favorite songs, and the perfect reminder to forgive yourself so that you can move on to bigger and better things. 

Little Wonders by Rob Thomas on Grooveshark
Little Wonders - Rob Thomas


Happy New Year everyone.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...