Monday, January 16, 2012

Modern Day Miracles

2 Nephi 27:23- For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles; and I will show unto the world that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith.



     I have so many thoughts and things to say on this subject... but I'm having a hard time putting them into words... let's see how this goes. I'll probably think of something else tomorrow that I should've added... it usually works that way! :)


     Our God is a God of miracles. We know that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. We also know that He is no respecter of persons. (By the way... it says both of these things in the Bible.. meaning ours isn't the only religion that believes these things.)
Why then, do people think that God would perform miracles long ago, and not now? These people are sadly mistaken. 


     I know that miracles happen. With God, all things are possible. It may not be as drastic or noticeable as what happened to the girl above, sometimes our miracles come as tender mercies that may be hard to recognize. Make an effort to recognize His hand in your life.


     Men who hold the Priesthood are often an instrument in the Lord's hand, and are used to bring to pass miracles.

"Miracles are everywhere to be found when priesthood callings are magnified. When faith replaces doubt, when selfless service eliminates selfish striving, the power of God brings to pass His purposes. Whom God calls, God qualifies."     - Thomas S. Monson

The following video is a perfect example of a Priesthood miracle...




     We hear of things everyday. Things that shouldn't have happened, but did. Lives spared, or lives made better in some way. 


     Miracles happen all around us... They happen All. The. Time. 


     One last thing I would like to add... 
2 Nephi 10:24- Wherefore, my beloved brethren, reconcile yourselves to the will of God, and not to the will of the devil and the flesh; and remember, after ye are reconciled unto God, that it is only in and through the grace of God that ye are saved.


Never forget... God knows more than you. Sometimes things may be a burden to you now, but will be a blessing for you later... maybe even a miracle. Trials give us a different perspective on life. A new perspective often leads to people re-prioritizing their lives. If a trial can bring someone closer to God... that certainly seems like a miracle to me. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...