Saturday, May 26, 2012

Scripture Marking Saturday: Contentment


Alma 29

1- O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!

Now skip down.

3 - But behold, I am a man, and do sin in my wish; for I ought to be content with the things which the Lord hath allotted unto me.

-----

First of all, if you are going to wish for something... I think that Alma's wish was a pretty good one...

I mean... at least  he wasn't wishing for riches or something.

It was a noble thing that he wanted to do, but still he recognized the fact that he should be content.
Content, because he could still cry repentance, just not with angelic zeal.

He decided to be content, because Alma recognized how blessed he was.

So. Just a thought for you.

Whenever you want something new... or wished something was different in your life... think about how blessed you are and consider all that God has given you.

He's given you more than enough to live happily and healthily and also some other things that you don't need...

Luxuries... things like iPods and cars and... electricity, I suppose.

So when you start wishing for the new iPod...

Just consider that.

And be grateful for what you have.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...