Monday, December 10, 2012

no. excuses.




No, this isn't a post on chastity. :)

And I love the music they use in the backgrounds of these videos. :)

Okay.

Elder Holland kinda calls out all the young men in this video... but of course, this can apply to many, many people. Not just young men who hold the Priesthood. :)

In the beginning when I first watched it, I felt all guilty and thought of what a terrible person I am... haha. But it ends happy and has a very good message.


"This is a life and death contest we're in, young men."

When I watch this video, it hits home what an important battle I am fighting... the outcome of this battle doesn't just affect my life. It affects my eternity. It affects the eternities of those around me.

And the straight path... it truly is narrow. And you really have to work if you want to achieve your eternal goals. They won't just be handed to you... of this, I am certain.

We talked a little about lame excuses in seminary today...

----------

Luke 14

 15 - And when one of them that sat at meat with him heard these things, he said unto him, Blessed is he that shall eat bread in the kingdom of God.
 16 - Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many:
 17 - And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready.
 18 - And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.
 19 - And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.
 20 - And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.



24 - For I say unto you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper.

----------

So... we decided that "I have married a wife" was the lamest of the three excuses for why the men couldn't come to supper. :)


You know, I try really hard not to be too blunt when blogging. But I like how Elder Holland... well, he really is pretty blunt sometimes.

Because, as he said, nothing else seems to work.


To be honest, there are a lot of things I don't know.
I don't know what my future holds - or what yours holds.

But I know that my God doesn't want excuses.


He wants no more Oh I'll go to church every week and I believe everything I hear... but that's enough spirituality until next Sunday.

No more Oh I'll tell my kids the scriptures are true, but I don't need to read them. 

No more then I'll repent or I'll start praying tomorrow.

He isn't in need of hearers only.

Our God needs DOERS!!!


Think of the Conference talks we have heard just recently.

We have sheep to feed.

Lives to bless.

People to save.


We have work to do! And now is the time to be fully converted!

No more excuses.

No more hypocrisy.

(Not saying you are a hypocrite and of course I am not exempt!)



There are people out there who need you.


They need the Gospel and you are the one meant to bring this Good News to them.



So do good.

Be good.


And show your gratitude for God - and for all that He has given you.

And do whatever it takes to become truly converted so you can fight this battle.


no. more. excuses.



Because I have chosen to fight for what is right.

And I need you on my side.









1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...