Thursday, December 20, 2012

what legacy will be YOURS??



"Every once in a while when we look up at the stars, we get a glimpse of the scale that's beyond the human scale, and it's fascinating and great," - Klaus Volpert


Do you ever feel... just lost in the sea of humanity?

Up until a few years ago, I never realized how big the world truly is. How insignificant I am - and how pretty much nothing is in my control.

I can see light and darkness all around me. In the people all around me.
And then - well, what am I? Who am I exactly in this sea of humanity?

And why am I here? I breathe the air. I learn from brilliant minds and I am touched by the love of others. So what do I owe the world in exchange for all this?

And God is the reason I exist. He is the reason the whole world exists.

So what do I owe him for that?


---------


"You are good. But it's not enough just to be good. You must be good for something. You must contribute good to the world. The world must be a better place for your presence. And the good that is in you must be spread to others."—Gordon B. Hinkley

----------


We only have a few short years to live this life - and an eternity to remember it.

By serving I can become good for something. I will help the people around me.


Even with small things. Because you truly never know - never have any idea - how your actions and words affect those around you.






Have you ever wondered of your legacy?

Will people remember who you are after you've died? Will they hear your name and think "I am grateful to her..."?

And what people? Many or just a few?



Do you think people might read my name generations from now and wonder if I laughed, cried, told jokes, did math... if I believed in Jesus?



Well they might not need to wonder. Could you leave a legacy that lasts for generations?


I believe that even if you touch one human heart - one of God's precious souls -

Well, what a beautiful legacy. Because not only will those people remember you, they will tell of you.


Your body may not live forever... let's face it, everyone dies.
The hope is that we will create something that will live forever.

You can continue to serve and inspire people even after your death.



So create many beautiful moments, beautiful memories, beautiful friendships, and a beautiful love of people and of God.


Because giving back is the Christmas spirit.

And by giving back, you create a Legacy. 


1 comment:

Mom Karen said...

Haley, when I read your post, I thought immediately of a song by Michael McLean from "Celebrating the Light". The song is called "Light on a Distant Hill". I've always loved the song, and it dittos your comments on this post. Thanks for the reminder...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...