Friday, December 14, 2012

please pray for all affected.

Wow. What a contrast to my last post (found here).

I pray for all those who were affected by today's shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.

I think tragedies like this realistically affect everyone. This sickened and frightened... and saddened the entire country. And everyone who heard about it.

So pray for peace and understanding and acceptance. And a renewed motivation to do better and to be better so that tomorrow - and all the tomorrows after that - the world will be brighter and more beautiful than today.


And pray especially hard for the families and loved ones of those sweet kids and teachers.



And never cease to find the good in the world.

Those who serve and love.

The ones who end suffering. End hunger. End sadness and abuse.



‎"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of 'disaster,' I remember my mother's words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world." ~ Fred Rogers




May we all strive to be caring people who hope for hope and find the strength to be strong.



1 comment:

Mom Karen said...

I love that, Haley. I especially loved the quote from Mr. Rogers, (one of my all-time faves). Looking for "helpers" helps to lessen the pain. Love to you, always.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...